The CDP API Caucus Leadership Team has been working hard up and down the state with Caucus members and allied organizations during the 2011-2012 Year to improve internal Caucus operations, elect Democrats to public offices, and register Democrats, according to the CDP API Caucus Goals & Action Items set forth in July 2011.
Click here to download the CDP API Caucus 2011-2012 Goals & Action Items.
Below are the accomplishments in the last year, as presented at the 2012 California Democrats State Convention in San Diego.
Click here to download the CDP API Caucus Accomplishments: Year-in-Review.
- Updated Caucus website with up-to-date information as an information hub – http://www.apicaucus.com
- Began active media outreach as a Caucus for the first time in recent years, including releasing statements and press releases on significant issues and events affecting API community, such as holding Michigan GOP Senatorial candidate Pete Hoekstra and then-Nevada GOP Congressional candidate Mark Amodei accountable for their racially charged ads
- Working closely with the CDP Communications Dept. and Organizing for America-California (OFA-CA) on targeted messaging projects
- Nearly doubled Caucus electronic newsletter subscribers since last year
- Continued Caucus electronic newsletter – please sign up at email@example.com
- Elections & Campaigns
- Mobilized for Janice Hahn for Congress against Tea Party Republican Craig Huey during Special Election with allied API Democratic groups, such as the CDP Filipino American Caucus, Korean American Democratic Committee (KADC), Pilipino American Los Angeles Democrats (PALAD), and Asian Pacific Islander Democrats of Orange County (APIDOC)
- Mobilized for Warren Furutani for Los Angeles City Council during Special Election with allied API Democratic and labor groups, such as Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA), CDP Filipino American Caucus, APIDOC, KADC, PALAD
- Encouraged local API candidates to seek County Democratic Party endorsement
- Outreach – Community & Voter
- Mobilized for CDP “Operation Game Changer” in Los Angeles County to sign up Democrats as permanent vote-by-mail (PVBM) voters
- Mobilized for CDP “It Gets Bluer” Program in the Inland Empire to increase Democratic voter registration in traditionally red counties
- Registered new citizens to vote at naturalization ceremonies (ongoing project)
- Held preliminary API grassroots leaders meeting with OFA-CA leadership on 2012 API outreach, with subsequent follow-up meetings with OFA-CA on targeted media/community outreach
- Promoting CDP DEM2012 Program to help sustain CDP through grassroots action – http://www.cadem.org/dem2012
- Hosted/hosting receptions in Anaheim, Burlingame, and San Diego with various co-hosts, such as the CDP Filipino American Caucus, CYD API Caucus, Filipinos for Obama, KADC, Silicon Valley Asian Pacific American Democratic Club, and many elected officials and candidates
- Building statewide API speakers bureau program with surrogate speakers for community and media outreach (Please sign up if you are interested: email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Streamlined membership sign-up opportunities, including online sign-ups on Caucus website
- Adjusted membership fee structure to allow for a lower rate for seniors and students and to accommodate CDP administrative procedural changes on membership fees
- Holding monthly Caucus Board conference calls to increase communication/accountability among board members
- Established 2011-2013 Goals and Action Items for the current term